Shepard Island is an island about 17 kms long, lying 10 kms west of
Grant Island off the coast of Marie Byrd Land (Antarctica). It is ice
capped except at its northern side. Shepard Island was discovered by
the United States Antarctic Service (USAS) Expedition (1939-1941)
and named after John Shepard, Jr., a contributor to the expedition.
This island is part of the Westarctican Territories.