The Hunger Aid and Development Foundation (HADEF) is a local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) based in Ga in the Wa West District of the Upper West Region of Ghana.
Officially incorporated in 2008, the overall goal of HADEF is to reduce poverty among the rural folk by promoting the socio-economic development of rural communities in the impoverished Wa West district.
Some of HADEF’s specific objectives are:
· To sensitize and encourage the formation of family farm groups or trade cooperatives for livelihood support activities.
· To equip farmers with updated technical information on environmental conservation and land preparation using animal traction to increase agriculture production.
· To promote income generation and raise income levels through soya bean and groundnut farming and sheabutter processing.
· To develop the capacities of women groups to be able to manage their own activities.
· To sensitize and facilitate the establishment of educational funds or reserves for families.
· To stop youth migration to the southern part of Ghana in search of none existing jobs.
· To create awareness on the need to prevent and control the spread of HIV/AIDS.
|1 - 30 of 62 results||